Monday, June 25, 2012

Hello From the New Agent


Good Morning, I thought I might introduce myself: my name is Julie Zimmerman and I am the new Agriculture and Natural Resources Agent with Texas AgriLife Extension Service in Travis County. With this blog I plan to keep you apprised of news and events relating to agriculture and natural resources in your area.

I grew up in Burnet County on a small family ranch and was a 10 year 4-H member .  I obtained a bachelor’s and master’s degree of science in agriculture from Tarleton State University.  I first came to Travis County in 2006 and worked with the 4-H CAPITAL Program (a youth program under the umbrella of Texas AgriLife Extension – Travis County) as the Animal Science Coordinator.

In my new role I will serve the residents of Travis County in both urban and rural settings, helping educate in subject areas of: conservation of natural resources, sustainable agriculture, livestock, land management and crops.

I’m looking forward to continuing to serve the people of Travis County in my new position as county Extension Agent for Agriculture and Natural Resources.  AgriLife Extension is all about serving the residents of Texas and improving their lives through educational outreach. I hope to continue in that mission and tradition.